The Config Window
Configure the file paths and settings for your chosen Persona game.
Let's get started, shall we?
- Select the game you'd like to mod from the menu in the top-left of the window.
Aemulus needs to know a few file and folder paths in order to function.
- Click the gear icon ⚙️ (Configure Paths and Settings) to open the Config window.
- Depending on the game you chose, there will be anywhere from one to four text boxes in the Config window. Click the Browse button next to each of them and set the correct file or folder path for each one.
Persona 3 FES
Persona 4 Golden
Persona 5 Strikers
Folder containing SLUS_216.21.elf
P3F ISO Path
Your P3F disc image (.iso)
P3F ELF Path
Your SLUS_216.21.elf executable file
...\Persona 4 Golden\mods folder
...\Persona 4 Golden\P4G.exe
Keep this as "mod"
P5 EBOOT Path
Output Folder (motor_rs
Double-check every file path!
If you see the word OneDrive anywhere, you must stop what you are doing and move that file or folder to a different location (we recommend C:\Mods).
Make sure your Aemulus folder is not in a OneDrive-controlled directory either.
The Notifications menu and checkboxes at the bottom of the Config window control a few additional settings.
Delete Old Versions
Allows Aemulus to automatically delete older versions of packages if a newer version with the same ID is detected in the grid.
Enable Mod Updates
Allows Aemulus to check GameBanana and GitHub for updates to your packages. Each package has its own Allow Updates toggle, but disabling this setting will disable the update function for all mods.
Update All on Refresh
Whenever Aemulus is launched or the Refresh button is clicked, Aemulus will check all packages for updates and prompt you to download and install any updates it finds.
Prompt for Extra Options When Launching (P3F)
Disable this unless you are a mod creator.
Empty SND Folder (P4G)
Allows Aemulus to empty the mods\SND folder when building. If you are using P4G Music Manager to externally manage your SND folder, leave this unchecked; otherwise, it's a good idea to enable this.
Use CPK Structure (P4G)
Forces all packages to use the new CPK folder structure instead of individual data0000X folders. This option doesn't make much of a difference as Aemulus will automatically handle this for you regardless of what you set here.
Persona 5 Strikers has no base files to unpack.
Skip this step if you are modding P5S.
Aemulus needs to unpack some of your game's data archives into a folder named Original so that it can merge packages that edit the same archives together.
- If you are modding Persona 4 Golden, make sure the box at the bottom matches the text language of the game you are using (not the voice language).
- Click Unpack Base Files and wait for the process to finish.
- This can take up to ten minutes, so don't worry if it's taking a while.
- You only need to do this step once.
- Click OK to close the Finished Unpacking! window, then close the Config window.